• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

NEW TRIAL OFFERS TREATMENT HOPE FOR CROHN’S DISEASE PATIENTS IN SCOTLAND

BTW, my son had extensive damage thruout his small bowel and his calp was upsettingly high. Got to deep remission in 8 months and many doc commented that Humira typically takes much longer to deliver deep rem. He was also doing CDED (PEN built-in) while on Humira and I wonder if PEN helped.

Maya142

Staff member
@asadmom My daughter's pediatric GI kept her on tube feeds long after she gained enough weight to leave the dangerously underweight zone ( and even after she was in the throughly normal weight zone)!. She did supplementary EN for several years, using an elemental formula (broken up into amino acids). I don't know if it was due to all the medications she was (she was treated early and aggressively - high dose of Remicade, infusions every 4-5 weeks, MTX injections, though those were stopped after several months due to side effects) or partially due to formula, but her Crohn's stayed in the mild-moderate range. And it certainly helped her weight stay stable.

my little penguin

Staff member
How much formula was your child drinking?
I thought he only drank one shake a day per your other posts .
Was he drinking more ?
My kiddo had deep tissue remission on humira
It didn’t take long either .
I think it depends on the case