• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New with Questions!

Hi,
I am 55 years old women who does have acid reflux ,asthma, and am diabetic. When I am in the bathroom going this week I threw up twice. I am on my period and wondered if that could affect me more. I also have had this other just my period. I asked my doctor and he did not seem too concerned about it because it did not happen all the time just once in a while. Should I get tested to see what is going on or wait? Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi nettypoukinbear and welcome to the forum! :D

Just to be clear, you haven't been diagnosed with Crohn's or any other form of IBD correct? You're 55 years old, if your period never made you vomit before then I doubt it is now. Is your diabetes under control? My mom has type 2 diabetes and when her blood sugar gets too high it can sometimes make her vomit.

If your diabetes is under control then I'd look into having a colonoscopy done (an upper endoscopy would be nice as well since you have a history of acid reflux). Generally people should start having them around age 50 to screen for colon and rectal cancer. Have you already started having them done? When was your last scope? I would start testing now rather than wait and see if it gets worse.

Do you have any other symptoms like joint or back pain, diarrhea, constipation, mucus or blood in stool, abdominal pain, bloating, fatigue, nausea etc?