• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New

Im 27 an was just diagnosed with Crohn's after almost 2 years of tests an doctor visits. In may i started on remicade right away because how bad it was . I have been noticing a change in my vision , chest pain , numbness in my legs an feet anywere from 5 to 10 times a day. I also an on iron an b12 but they are not doing anything to help bring my levels back up therefore i have no energy an always cold even during the summer. My doctor says its normal but being as it took them 2 yrs to find the crohns o dont not take there words all that seriously. Any answers or feed back would be greatly appreciated

Have you had your thyroid checked? I tend to be cold a lot and I have to take synthroid for my thyroid. What type of meds are you on? By the way, welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I agree with ron that they should check out your thyroid. Crohns itself cause fatigue aswell. Sometimes i will feel hot and cold at the same time. They should also do some blood work and stool test to rule out any active inflamation or infection. I do hope you feel better soon. This forum are full of great people and allot of support :)

Thanks for the quick replys. As of now im on remicade , b12 an iron. Never had thyroid checked somethong i will have to ask doctor about . Thanks again

You are welcome . When you get a chance you might want to share on the section called Your Story. Hope you feel better soon.

start taking 3000iu of vitamin d per day until mid feb. it will reduce your symptoms slightly, it will help your body fight bad bacteria in your gut. during the summer you only need about 1000iu, because you'll get some from sunlight.

dont rely on medications alone, I suggest limiting refined sugar(sucrose)its adde dot many processed foods these so its hard to avoid. also getting as much fiber as possible the good bacteria in our gut ferment this and it helps us fight the bad bacteria, which is somewhat responsible for our diarrhea symptoms.The Specific Carbohydrate diet is based on some of these principles and is where i first learned about them, read the book breaking the vicious cycle, the theory about how diet affects IBD symptoms is somewhat accurate. Try adding psyllium fiber 10-20 grams and this probiotic it's got 40 different strains http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-extra-care-probiotic-150-billion.html
one study used these a similar plan and induced remission in crohn's disease who patients who failed drugs.

so you see, there is many other things you could do to help yourself and improve your health and much more then i just mentioned here.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with crohns, it took the doctors about a little over a year to diagnose me back in 2004. Crohns can cause fatigue, my doctor recently told me to let her know if I had a change in vision. Apparently vission and bone density can be effected as well, and that was something I was unaware of. If you're low on iron maybe that's the reason you get cold, at least that's the symptom I get when my iron is low. Well I hope you do start Remicase soon. I was given oral medication when I was first diagnosed, but I would still get horrible pains because of the ongoing flares and had a hip replacement due to Prednisone. Remicade was the solution for me, not only do I not need to take any pills but I can live a normal life. It is rare when I get flares now. I hope it works wonders for you too.

Sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with crohns, it took the doctors about a little over a year to diagnose me back in 2004. Crohns can cause fatigue, my doctor recently told me to let her know if I had a change in vision. Apparently vission and bone density can be effected as well, and that was something I was unaware of. If you're low on iron maybe that's the reason you get cold, at least that's the symptom I get when my iron is low. Well I hope you do start Remicase soon. I was given oral medication when I was first diagnosed, but I would still get horrible pains because of the ongoing flares and had a hip replacement due to Prednisone. Remicade was the solution for me, not only do I not need to take any pills but I can live a normal life. It is rare when I get flares now. I hope it works wonders for you too.
I have mild arthritis in the lower back and I think it is because of the Crohn's.