• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New2forum-crohns22yrs-lupis4yrs-now thyroid autoimmune disorder?

i am 41yrs old.dr's discovered crohn's when i was 19-but didn't tell me the severity of it.i learned just that about 7-8yrs later when i had to have a resection.at this point i was so sick of all the pills being pushed down my throat i was ready for any change.at one point-i was taking 24pills a day. after the resection i was in remission for many yrs.10yrs went by and slowly after the birth of my second child-pain in different places started showing up.some was due to all the prednisone i had previouslly taken-70mg a day for over a year. the other was yet to be explained.9mo later i could barely walk & at one point could not hold a glass of water or feed myself. it took another 10mo to get diagnosed with lupis-another auto immune disease.i have suffered with that for about 4yr now. my last lab work showed low thyroid function.another doctor(not my own) told me there is a link between crohn's and thyroid problems. i have done self research and have found i have all the symptoms of hashimoto's disease. has anyone else experienced this? if so, how do i get the dr to pay attention to this before it causes major problems.i have gained 30lbs in 2 months and am absolutely exhausted ALL the time. depression,anxiety,moodiness and pain. i am so exhausted with the dr thinking this is in my head-i dont want to experience what the worst can be:ybatty:

I was diagnosed about a year ago. I had gained a lot of weight and when I explained to the doc that when I tried to exercise it left me completely drained, she freaked. She thought it was my heart because my resting beat was 130 beats per minute so they rushed me off to a cardiologist. My heart turned out fine, but my thyroid jumps between too fast and too low which happens with Hasimotos. Finding the right balance of thyroid meds has been difficult. Now that I am familiar with the symptoms I can adjust the meds based on how I feel, with my docs permission. The exhaustion will improve as will your mental outlook and weight. Just be aware that with all things immune related, it takes time. (((Hugs)))