• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie 😌 My story

Hi guys hope your all doing well
My names ebru and I'm a mother of one with another on the way.
I'm 28 years young and have had 3 bowel resections in 10 years.
Was formally diagnosed when I was 17 but have had it since 16.( doctors though I was just being a sook 😂😂)
Have failed on humira and infliximab. Don't do well on high doses of pred as my emotions go insane :(. And pretty much nothing works on me during a flare and end up having surgery. I'm now seeing a professor that is trialing a lot of hes own ideas on getting my crohns under control. Currently on rifaximin gentamicin in tablet for compounded. Pentasa and 7.5 of pred also somac and my nausea tablets daily. Also 10,000 mg of vitamin d. I'm going crazy ;(

I only had my last surgery 40 cm taken out last July and I'm already flaring and have been 4 months after surgery.
What is wrong with me.
What else do I try I'm sick of getting cut open.
I know can't go with the bathroom without crawling out cause I'm in so much pain don't know it's a fistula also as well as a hemroid . Also have 2 hernias and it's on my belly button which is killing me cause my stomachs only getting bigger with this pregnancy. I'm going insane this is so hard and I feel so alone.
What do I try ? What else there I can try ?
I had a major flare when I gave birth to my son 5 years ago and had my second surgery 180cm in total :(. I'm tired
I lost my father to lung cancer 1 month ago and the pressure of hes passing is contributing to my flare. Watching him in hes last 48 hours was very difficult. And I sometimes wish I didn't sit with him cause I'm greatly affected.
Anyone please any advice on any other meds to try this flare is so hard

Cimzia is horrible for me !!! I'm in so much muscular pain that I can't drive or do for myself. I sweat like crazy . I'm nauseated , vomiting, no energy at all , fever and worst of all my muscular and bone pain. I may get off of it . I've been to er twice . I thought with all those symptoms I'd be told to stop the meds.

I have another gastrointestinal doctor for a 2nd opinion. My doctor may discharge me for consulting another doctor . But oh well. It is my body . Thank you for your reply.

I have another gastrointestinal doctor for a 2nd opinion. My doctor may discharge me for consulting another doctor . But oh well. It is my body . Thank you for your reply.
If a doctor discharges you for seeing another doctor for a second opinion, they're the ones that need discharging!

I got a second opinion with a GI, and my original doctor, a CRS, is totally supportive.