• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie and a little confused

Hi everyone, so glad I found this place. I am still a little confused and unsure if this is the right place for me, so I will start at the beginning. I have had digestive issues for years, but chalked it up to IBS as my problems were periodic. I would get super sick with what I can only describe as severe "food poisoning" for a few weeks and then my symptoms would disappear for a few months. In January I got sick. I had upper left quadrant pain, nausea, severe diarrhea, and back pain. Went to my doctor who sent me for a CT scan as he thought it was pancreatitis. It showed inflammation of my pancreas, but my labs were normal. So I was sent for an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy, which showed mild to moderate chronic inflammation of my stomach and esophagus. I had a negative MRCP as well. The only thing that is puzzling is a high gASCA, elevated liver enzymes, and a weak positive IgG. It says suggestive of Crohn's Disease, but pattern is not conclusive for disease, so I am having a capsule endoscopy. I'm really nervous about what results will come as a result of this test. I am still having abdominal pain, and scared to eat, but the diarrhea has stopped for now. Anyone share any similar experiences when they were diagnosed?

Welcome to the Forum - I had the Pill Cam where they found Crohn's & blunted villi in my small intestine so for me it was a big help!

Good luck!:ghug:

I know you must be anxious about the investigations but it is important to get a confirmed diagnosis. My son had similar symptoms for around 2 years but kept denying it. His symptoms deteriorated and he became acutely ill, he was diagnosed with crohns disease 2 months ago, but had to have emergency surgery almost 2 weeks ago. You need a diagnosis in order to get the right treatment.

Good luck

Thanks guys, it's hard to know what direction to go. I find myself between admitting there is a problem, and denying its very existence. I just want to get better, and if it needs to be treated, then treat it, and then I want to get on with my life. Right now, I have been feeling pretty good, and it's hard to believe anything is wrong. The problem is I know it won't last long. Hope the pill cam will show what is wrong :)