• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie and advice needed

Hi all, my name's Karla I'm 33 years old and have 2 children.

5 years ago I weighed 32st, I had a gastric bypass and now weigh 12st 6.

Within the last 5 years, yes I have suffered a sufficient amount of stress, but also with stomoach pains that are so crippling and painful.
I also have lower back pain, I have a b12 and amenia differently.

I have continued to visit my g.p but was always pumped with tramadol and anti stomach spasms tablets.

This year my health has got worse, I'm in continue lower back pain, but also now I have the pains in my hand , forearm, shoulder and neck.
Every time I open my mouth and I hear this gurgling noise in which is embarrassing.
When I have these stomach cramps in which last 5 days then they go and I'm fine for a couple of weeks. But in that time I'm trying to catch up with sleep and from how I was from how I was feeling with the craps.
Also now when I have these pains in the stomach I also am suffering blood in my stool.

Im awaiting appointment s for tests, I just hope they find out what's wrong with me xx

SarahBear

Hi, Karla! Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. :( Have you been diagnosed with any conditions, or are all of your symptoms currently unexplained?

You might be interested in the Undiagnosed Club section of the forum. You can find it here.

I really hope you can find answers and start feeling better soon. Please keep us updated! :hug:

Hi, what makes you suspect you have Crohn's? Is it something a doctor has suggested to you, or do you feel your symptoms sound like Crohn's? Do you get diarrhoea (it's a very common symptom of Crohn's)?

I would think the first thing your doctors will want to investigate is whether your symptoms could be complication from your surgery. But if your digestive system is thoroughly assessed (scans; maybe endoscopies), Crohn's should be identified if it turns out that's what you have. Blood and stool tests may also help your doctors figure out what's wrong.

What tests are you waiting for? I hope they go well and you get some answers.