• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie....Crohn's came back after years

I was diagnosed in 2007 after being hospitalized with a complete intestinal blockage and then in 2008 hospitalized again with a fistula...very traumatizing but I healed very well and started living again. I'm married with two daughters and at the time they were at points in their lives where they needed me and I couldn't be there because I had to take care of me...I'm still angry about it. Well to make a long story short, it came back and I found myself back in the hospital for only a few days this time with an abscess. I'm home healing...I'm a little stronger this time, my children are grown so I have more time to myself and I'm getting better every day :)

Welcome to the forum aburns. I am sorry you are not feeling good. I am glad that you have more time to take care of you self. I hope you keep getting better and better.

Jessi

Hello aburns. :hug:

I understand well the anger and pain of not being there for my family. It is a long hard road when every ounce of you wants to be a parent, but you just cannot muster the strength to be the parent you long to be. I find myself cycling through the emotional stages much more these days. Here's a great thread to check out.

It's really great news that you're getting better each day. I hope it continues to go upward for you. :)

theOcean

That's wonderful you were able to recover from your fistula and start a family! That gives me some hope after I developed one last summer. :hug:

I hope the abscess heals well and that you'll be back to normal soon.