• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie here...

After having chronic diarrhea for 23 years (since 1990) I was finally diagnosed with Crohn's in December and had robotic surgery for bowel resections in January. How I wish I had found this forum back then, but so glad to be here now! I desperately wanted to be able to talk with someone who knew what it was like to be in my shoes. At 68 years old, married with kids, grandkids and one great grandchild-you'd think I'd be able to handle something like this in stride...NOT! My gastroenterologist has me on Pentasa, Lomotil and Entocort.

Welcome and sorry to hear about your diagnosis but it is good to know what is going on. I was just diagnosed last year and had resection to. Although not your age I can relate with what you are going through. The forum is a great place for support and welcome to our little family. :)

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hi there, Glad that I found your post. I also found out after apx 20 years as you did and I'm also in my 60's, I'm 62 and they found crohns at age 61, just as i retired. The best thing I did was find this forum and the chatroom here. I have found alot of friends in there that support me and I enjoy going there most nights around 6pm PST. (California) I hope you have a chance to go there and get some of your questions answered. We also talk alot about all kinds of things lie food, hoppies and anything you can think of.
Keep your head up..
Jim Pops.