• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie mom

Hi! I’m Ginger, mom to son LJ who is now 13 was diagnosed at 12. I will try to be brief. Our story started spring of 2012 when LJ grew but didn’t gain any weight and instead of having his normal torpedo poop it was now in pieces, not diarrhea just pieces. We were told that this was not a symptom of anything unless there is belly pain, blood or fever, which there wasn’t & some people are just thin. (He was 5’5 & 87 pounds.:ybatty:) A few more trips to the dr. with no answers, normal lab work until November 2012 and he gets a perirectal abscess. Then everyone woke up because they knew it was Crohn’s. I will spare you all of the details here but lots of dr. appts. and tons of tests later he was official diagnosed with CD & had surgery in March 2013 which left him with a Seton for 6 weeks. He still has the fistula, which is draining. He has had a bad reaction to flagyl, cipro & Imuran. Currently takes entocort, Pentasa and Humira(5weeks)
Although I just joined, I have been lurking here as a regular for months! My head was just spinning with all of this (and still does some day!) but it has been really great to find a community that really does understand what is going on with us. Our friends and family try, but until you have a sick kid you just can’t get it. I hate that LJ has this but I’m happy to have found all of you! I wanted to do a signature but my CP does not have it as an option. :eek2:

Hi I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, if you have been lurking then I am sure you have found the Parent's Forum(<--click here), if not browse through it, lot of great members and threads.

As far as your signature, once you click on settings your CP should appear on the right and under the heading Settings and Options, "edit signature" should be the second link below "edit avatar". If I'm wrong hopefully someone will be along shortly that can help you out with that.

I hope things improve for your son with the seton placement and the fistula healing! Hugs and support!

Thanks Clash!
I have learned so much from all of the parents here. LJ has been such a trooper through all of this, I am just praying that the darn fistula will close.

Oh Yeah!:dance::dance::dance:
After your reply the signature line came up as an option.
I think it really helps to see what other are on or have tried!

I need to change mine as it is outdated, my son recently dropped MTX, but I don't want to jinx anything taking it out of the signature just yet!!! Hahaha, I plan to after his next infusion in two weeks. Crazy, I know but just can't make my self do it quite yet!!

Welcome Gmama!!

My son is 13 as well and our boys stories sound very similar.

I am glad you have found your way here. Lots of support, advice or just a place to vent.:ghug:

Hi Johnnysmom! Thanks for the support & welcome:)
You have no idea how happy I am to find other parents that can sympathize. I have successfully exhausted all of my friends. God bless them they try, but Crohn's crap is all I think about:ybatty: