• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie today

Hi, I have just joined this group today, first time I have found it :) I am in the UK.

It is my 12 yr old son who has crohns, he was diagnosed just over 3 years ago.
He is currently taking pentasa and calcichew. He was taking azathioprine, but was taken off this 2 years ago due to him refusing blood tests, which is still an on going problem.

He has had a fairly bad flare up [ for him ] over the past couple of months and has been doing a Modulen diet for 5 weeks now. So all over Christmas and New Year he couldn't eat anything :( He has managed brilliantly and he is so much better now than he was.

He is due to finish the modulen diet next week, and we are hoping that once he starts to eat properly again it won't result in another flare up.

Since he started on this diet we have had no help at all from the gastro team or the dietician, no one has contacted us to see if we are doing okay. Has anyone else done this diet and know how I go about re introducing food for him without upsetting his stomach?

Thanks for reading.

:welcome: to the Forum

Although you have certainly posted in the right place to introduce yourself, you might like to post again in the Parents of Kids with IBD section HERE. They are an extremely knowledgeable and supportive group of parents, who, I am sure, will be able to give you some advice from their own experience.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, CDJ!

Sorry to hear what you've had to go through with your son! Out of curiosity, why does he refuse blood work? Is he afraid of needles? I can see how something like that would cause a problem!

I'm glad he's feeling better now. I hope that continues!

:):)Hi just joined the forum today.

It's my 13yr old son that has crohn's he was diagnosed Feb 2012, he had a tube fitted and was put on Modulen for 8 weeks with no food allowed went straight in to remission now on 50mg azathioprine and 400mg iron daily and has remained in remission.

Welcome to the forum I'm one of the moms from the parent section. Check it out there are tons of threads devoted to diet, to EN/ENN, and even just for a good laugh,new all need that

HD