• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie with Crohn's disease

Hi my name is sam I'm 26 years old that has inflammation of the bowels so I went under my first colonoscopy today and my mom has Crohns too was diagnosed when she was pregnant with me. So I have a good chance of having it too. I have abdominal pain in my sides that seem to flare a lot. So I go back and see my gastriolgist In 2 weeks. I'm on some medicine that I will start taking Tommorw since my pharmacy is out of stock. So I'm here to meet new expel and get advice in how to feel better and live a giddy and healthy life

PsychoJane

Hi Sam!
Welcome to the forum. You will find here many people with extensive knowledge about crohn disease and whatever may be related to living with the disease. Feel comfortable asking about all and nothing, you will most likely get an answer to your interrogation. I too am the daughter of a crohnie diagnosed when she was pregnant. I appreciate the fact she really knows what I go through and it helps getting over the challenges it may bring!

I'm glad I'm not alone. My mom is in remission but do you ever get over having Crohns I found this site so I could help myself and her become heathy women.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately at this time there is no cure for crohn's, just remission for hopefully very long periods of time. What meds are you going to be started on? How has your mum managed to reach remission?

There is a lot of helpful info and support here so so have a good look around.

AB
xx

Good morning Karen and angry Byrd I know they there is no cure for Crohns I will be on a medicine that starts with a p can't remember the name of it. Therefore my mom too it for awhile but she is in remission not sure how exactly she is in remission I'm not sure she knows. But I know she has had colonoscopy too several times. The doctor said I have to have blood work done and other stuff. I go back April 2nd for further details on what else to do.

Angrybird

It may be Prednisone that you are about to be started on and this hits any inflammation going on in the bowel and usually settles the tum quite quickly. This is a steroid so if this is what you are being put on I would ask about a calcium supplement to help protect your bones whilst on it.