• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie without a diagnosis.

hello. I'm Cameron. 28 yo female. I have one child, a daughter, who just reigned 3 (i put turned 3 there, but reigned seemed more accurate. lol.). i been having problems off and on since I was a kid. starting at about 10 I had an episode that lasted a week or so. I had to vomit everything out of my belly to make the incredible pain in my abdomen and lower back stop. I remember my mom trying to soothe me and I wouldn't let her touch me. I just hurt too bad. I never went to the doctor for it. I guess my parents thought it was a flu bug or something. off and on thru my teenage years I had a few minor episodes of vomiting and diarrhea which were usually during menstrual cycles or didn't last long. nothing significant until I after I turned 21. I spent almost every day out of 3 months sick. vomiting, diarrhea, extreme abdominal pain, lower back pain and I lost about 30lbs because I couldn't eat. I never went to the doctor yet again.. no insurance, etc..

after that one, I didn't get sick for awhile..and then only sporadically..then I got pregnant at 24 and after the 4 months or so of ALL DAY "MORNING" SICKNESS. I had a great pregnancy and felt amazing...I was also taking vitamins and eating well..my daughter's birth was great. all natural in a birthing tub. greatest day ever.

I did okay again for almost a year and same story...vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, couldn't eat...off and on then okay about a year or so..now to this year February...sick again..ugghh. but this time I have Medicaid again! I went to the e.r. they gave me fluids, nausea meds, a script for pepcid (famotidine 20mg) and zofran (something else generic), and a referral to the gastroenterologist. the e.r. doctor brought up the possibility of crohns disease which I had thought about for years. idk where the initial idea came from...my mom?

saw the gastro doc...and since have had a endoscopy and colonoscopy, blood work, and ultrasound of my abdomen. now I'm just waiting for my follow up appointment april 15th.

however..I do know from the colonoscopy and endoscopy that I have gastritis in my stomach, infection or inflammation in all kind of spots, a polyp removed, biopsies done, a hiatus hernia which is a hole in my diaphragm that my stomach is getting stuck in, diaverticulosis, and to top it off internal hemorrhoids. great.

so after that book I just wrote...bottom line is I'm awaiting all my results...still getting sick but been reading everyone's posts for tips on managing my body. I'm drinking lots of water and not eating much but trying to eat well. I want to start vitamins and supplements but want to talk to the doctor first. his opinion may differ from mine as far as medicines are concerned..I take a natural approach to health and my body.. I hope he's open minded. I have gotten some 20 mg famotidine since finishing what the e.r. gave me. taking it as I feel needed.

any feed back is great. thanks for all the help uve already given thru ur posts :)

peace, Cameron

Trysha

Staff member
Hello
Welcome to the forum.
It looks as if you have had all the necessary tests---it is good you were referred
to a gastroenterologist.
It will take time for the biopsies to be processed at the end of which you will get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hopefully all will continue to go well for you.
Please keep us posted with the results we will be interested to hear how you made out.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha