• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi! My name is Courtney. I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2006. I was on 6MP and had too many side effects so I went on methotrexate. I was on that briefly but couldn't do the injections. So after a routine Colonoscopy they said I showed no signs of Crohn's so I quit taking my medicine. I went off and for 4 years had no problems. In 2012 I had alot of stress in my life and had a severe flare up. In August I went to the hospital with pain and they thought it was an appendicitis. They said that it was an abscess. In October I went back in with another abscess. When I went to the doctor a week later for a follow up, the surgeon sent me to straight to the hospital for surgery. The next day I went in for a re-sectioning. The surgeon took out 21 cm of my small intestines and my appendix(just in case). I had several complications with recovery. Finally in Janurary I was completely healed and could start Crohn's treatment. My GI put me on Azathioprine to start and shortly after he put me on Humira. I have been in Humira for about 4 months. I have had a difficult time adjusting to my new life but so far so good. Thanks for reading about my Crohns story.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Courtney!

I'm sorry to hear what you've gone through. Hopefully the Humira will do well for you and you'll be feeling well for a very long time. :)

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hi Courtney and welcome to the forum.

I went through about the same thing as you did back in 2011. No fun right. I'm now begining to feel better.

I sure hope that things get better for you soon.

I see you are also from California, there are a few of us here from Ca. Jennifer is from around your area. She is a great person to ask questions to. She knows alot about crohns and has been a great help to me.

Hope to see ya around.

Jim (POPS)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum cdavidson52809! :D

I had a resection as well with complications afterwards. I hope that the Aza and Humira combo help to keep you in remission. :)

I used to live in Camarillo. Went CSU Channel Islands and graduated back in 2007.