• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi All, well I am here to possibly get some info and support, I am my hubby's caregiver and he is on his second round of cdif, I am going to go absolutely nuts pretty soon, he was on the 10 days of the med that starts with a V and it helped but the darn stuff has come backagain so I am going to get a refill and try again. I really need to join a support group of some kind to deal with this. I have been reading all the forums on here and it seems like a good place to start. I live in a small town in nb canada and nobody I know has dealt with this shitty (excuse the pun) disease. Please help and point me in the right direction. thanks so much sandra

Welcome to the forum, SandraS. So sorry your husband is having to deal with C. Diff, I guess the med he is on is Vancomycin? I do hope the second round is able to take care of the C. Diff.

I was uncertain, does your husband also have an IBD?

I'm sure there will be others along to give their experience and I do hope your husband is feeling better soon.

thank you for the reply, yes that is the med he is on. does a person with cd have cramps in their waist area and stomach, Since it is sunday my drug store does not open till noon, can i give him motrin or advil for pain. what a stink. hope this second round of Vanco can help,

When you say "does a person with cd have cramps in their waist area and stomach" are you referring to C. Diff or Crohn's Disease? Just asking since it seems your husband has C. Diff but I'm confused as to whether he also has CD(CD is the abbreviation of Crohn's Disease) Those with IBD(Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis etc) try to stay away from ibuprofen because it is hard on the digestive system but tylenol is generally well tolerated.

sorry about that, cdiff and I have him on some tylenol for pain and now the new dose of vancomycin stuff , pretty uninformed on this stuff, small little country town

No need to apologize, until my son was diagnosed with CD, I had very little knowledge of them.

I do hope the vancomycin knocks out the C. Diff and your husband and you can get back to enjoying life. If he still has symptoms after the C. Diff is eradicated I would follow up with the GI for some testing, bloodwork, fecal calprotectin stool test, imaging or colonoscopy.