• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi. Although I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for over a decade, I'm just jumping into a support group. I am going through a flare up right now that has left me miserable. This time not only am I having gut issues but my biliary system is involved. I have had tons of pain. I have been out of work since the beginning of March. I have never had to take extended time off of work before. I'm also a wife and mom. My daughter is almost 12 and has been a wonderful helper. My husband is trying really hard to be supportive. Right now I'm on prednisone, lialda, and remicade plus pain and nausea meds as needed. Waiting on the results of my recent colonoscopy and have a capsule endoscopy scheduled for Tuesday. I'm very happy to have found this forum!

theOcean

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the support you need here. :) I'm glad to hear that your family has been such a good support for you, and hope that you get some helpful results from the colonoscopy and endoscopy.

welcome to the forum! how long ago did you start the remicade? its a great drug that does wonders for many people, if you are new to the drug hopefully it starts to give you some relief soon! I was on it myself for 6 years. the main thing you need to do right now is just to use this time off work to get rest and focus on yourself. I spent all my flares worrying about work and partner/ family and everything else but me. all the best on your test results.. please keep us posted!
Hannah x

Welcome, the Capsule Endoscopy what was the final test that determined where the Crohn's had really damaged. Good luck!!

This forum has been a mental life saver for me. I have learned so much and have received so much support. I'm on here several times a day learning/offering support for everything everyone is going through - all cases are so different - so much to learn!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you haven't been doing well, how things get sorted out for you. I'm not that far from you, do you go to Albany med or somewhere else? My gi is at amc, was just there yesterday for my remicade!