• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I am new to the forum. Father of two daughters with Crohn's. Renee was recently dx in September. She failed with Humira after 3 months so we have started Remicade and completed the first loading dose. She is feeling good so far and I am trying to get her started exercising.

Really interested in starting Anti-Map therapy along with the Remicade. Is anyone doing this on their own outside of a clinical trial? Where can you get tested. Want to bring this up with GI at next appt.

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that your daughters have this disease. We have a section in here called Parents of Kids with IBD.. You should especially find a lot of support there.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome. I too am sorry your daughters have this. I hope they will continue to do well. I agree with Ron the parents of kids with ibd is a good thread to go to. They are a great bunch and will help you all they can. Best wishes to you and your family 💖💕

fuzzy butterfly

Welcome fightforlauren. Sorry for your need to be here. We a kind n caring bunch and willing to help as much as possible. Please dont be shy ask anything you want to. Someone is usualy able to help and advise. Best wishes hugs 💕

Hello all....I am new here as well....I am not new to Crohn's. I was diagnosed in 1990 but went into remission until 2011. I have had to have surgery and currently on Remicade. I am experiencing memory problems. I just want to know if this is normal. I stick to the diet but as you all know...when your body wants to flare....it flares. The memory issues are killing me and I do not plan to give up this fight. I also have a headache that does not want to go away. I have heard that the B-12 deficiency causes both problems. Does anyone else have this problem.

I don't know about whether it is linked to B12 but I have a memory issue sometimes. I have a B12 shot once a month.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome to the forum ☺. I also have memory issues and I have b12 injections. So I am not sure if the link is valid but it may be!
Crohn's is known to affect the memory or so I have heard, in my case I put some of it down to old age lol. Best wishes n to you. Check with your doctor though he may be able to give you more info. 💕