• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello All!
I just went to GI yesterday and they are now going to place me on Humira. I have a stricture that is now a cause of concern, so they are going to treat me aggressively at this point to try to calm down my Crohns Disease as well as the other auto-immune disease it flares. I just wanted to know if there was any helpful tips or words of wisdom as this will be my first time using biologic therapy; I'm fairly young, 24, and just need some reassurance/guidance in this time. Thanks All!!!

I've been on Humira a little over a year. So far, it's been maintaining my remission well and I have no complaints. Don't expect instant relief. It took a couple of months for Humira to fully work for me. According to the Humira nurse, that's fairly common.

Make sure your doctor specifies the citrate free Humira, as it injects a lot more painlessly. The regular Humira felt like battery acid going in.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

my little penguin

Staff member
Good luck with humira
My kiddo started it at age 9 and it worked well for over 5 years
No major issues
It can take 3-6 months to be effective
So be patient