• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly Diagnosed and Suffering

I just got my diagnosis, wasn't a huge surprise because my mother, grandmother, three aunts and 5 cousins all have Crohn's as well. I am suffering so much. The pain is unbelievable, not just in my stomach but also in my joints. I have been using medical marijuana to treat because I do not have insurance and I have heard pretty terrible things about side effects from my family members. It's working really well, actually, but obviously I cannot always medicate.

I wanted to come here to talk to other people like me without leaving the house, as I'm sure you all know how hard it is so leave the house sometime.

But anyway, hi, I'm Keegan. I'm 22. I have a 3 year old daughter. I hope to get to know some of you!

afidz

Super Moderator
i'm glad that MM helps you, I have been in similar situations with out insurance , I know how frustrating that can be.
A few things I wanted to mention:
Take a look at the MM sub-forum, I will post a link below so you have easy access. feel free to post in there, I know there isn't generally a lot of activity on there but if you post someone who uses MM will likely respond and be able to give you there 2 cents.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63u
next, if you haven't already, try to keep track of what foods you are eating in a food diary. Note in this diary when you go to the bathroom or when you feel the sickest. Over time you may be able to eliminate things that you suspect to aggravate your symptoms. I will also post a link for you to check out, but this is just one of many threads that you may find helpful. This one is an ongoing forum survey about what foods Crohn's patients can and can not eat. Everyone is different as far as what they can (or can't) handle, but it might give you a little bit of insight.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17707
Use your family members to your advantage. You are new to this so I am sure some of them won't mind sharing their experiences with this disease. Like you, it was not really a surprise when I got DX because my dad has had it since he was a young child and several of his cousins have it.
I hope that you find ways to get your disease under control, I look forward to hearing more about your story and progress