• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed at 47 and have MS as well

I was just diagnosed with Crohn's of the ileum after an ER visit for horrible abdominal pain and nausea; and 2 years ago I was hospitalized with the same pain and vomitting due to an obstruction. The small intestine near the ileum was completely inflammed and I had a NG tube for a week. I healed with antibiotics and prednisone. After that first flare-up a colonoscopy was negative for Crohns. But this time it supposedly is evident in my CT Scan.

In recent months I have had extreme stress and migraines for which I Was taking large amounts of aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. I also have Multiple Sclerosis. I have heard that it is not uncommon to have more than one auto-immune disease. Anyone else similar to me? I am very upset and confused. I have been dealing with MS since I was 27 and now i have a new life-altering disease to deal with:(

Last edited: