• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly Diagnosed: nausea with medicines

Hello from brazil!!

My name is Luís Gustavo and I'm 23 years old.

I was diagnosed two days ago with crohn and my gi put me on crohn-5(Mesalamine) and imutran. Today I wake up 6am to take the pills and was felling very nauseous but I hold it and didn't vomit.

Before the meds I have only problem with diarrhea and abdominal pain but never nausea and vomit.

I think the problem is the imutran, you guys feel nausea with this med too? Any tip to avoid the nausea?

I hope my english is readable... Thank guys

From my experience, I would say if your nausea gets worse, if you have vomiting, chills or fever, go back to the doctor or go to the hospital. It might mean that you have a negative reaction to the medicine. Also talk to the pharmacist to see if he thinks the nausea will pass as you become used to the drug. I have not taken the same drugs as you are on.

I drink Ensure with added calories to calm my tummy down.

Perhaps search the forum site for specific info on your meds.

Good luck Luis!