• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed with Crohns after dealing with horrible pain for years

Hi, im Brandi and am new to the group. I was just diagnosed with Crohns last Friday after dealing with excruciating stomach and back pain for 9 years. The last year has been plain hell with the doctors telling me they find nothing. Ive been on prednisone for 4 days...it makes me very jittery, sweat really bad and funny taste in my mouth. But today had an episode last almost all day. Anyone ever have these side affects from Prednisone? Anyone have horrible back pain with the stomach pain?

I'm on prednisolone for the first time and it's making my heart feel quite fluttery, along with slight headaches and feeling of mild pressure in my head. A bit annoying but I'm going to the toilet three times a day not forty now and the agonising gut pain has subsided so it's worth the current level of minor discomfort to me. It took a couple of weeks to have any impact on my symptoms.

I'm on prednisolone for the first time and it's making my heart feel quite fluttery, along with slight headaches and feeling of mild pressure in my head. A bit annoying but I'm going to the toilet three times a day not forty now and the agonising gut pain has subsided so it's worth the current level of minor discomfort to me. It took a couple of weeks to have any impact on my symptoms.
Thank you...ive only been on it 4 days so hoping it helps soon. No difference in pain yet...its still daily and almost all day everydaynow. I sem to excessivly sweat with prednisone, do you have this side affect also or no? So ready to have some kind of normal and have a decent day where i dont feel like i just want to die.

Welcome to the forum. I hope your symptoms improve soon, if they are very bothersome, contact your GI. I am no Doctor or expert but the pain in the back could be due to inflammation from your belly. Hang in there, once you find the right medicine, you will feel a lot better. Sending Support.

I know what you mean about feeling ready to die, I honestly felt that my life was hopeless before the pred kicked in. Regarding excessive sweating, no, I'm not suffering from that, except for one day last weekend when I was doing some heavy duty gardening in the hot sunshine and suddenly my hair was wet through - very strange, not something that would normally happen. Funnily enough, I've been getting some horrible taste in my mouth for the past three days, like rotting food stuck in the roof of the mouth, but it's only a very fleeting thing and not worrying me too much. I'm just so happy not to be in pain and on the toilet with diarrhoea all the time, taking side effects in my stride so far (though I know it's early days for me on steroids really, so don't want to speak too soon!)..

I know what you mean about feeling ready to die, I honestly felt that my life was hopeless before the pred kicked in. Regarding excessive sweating, no, I'm not suffering from that, except for one day last weekend when I was doing some heavy duty gardening in the hot sunshine and suddenly my hair was wet through - very strange, not something that would normally happen. Funnily enough, I've been getting some horrible taste in my mouth for the past three days, like rotting food stuck in the roof of the mouth, but it's only a very fleeting thing and not worrying me too much. I'm just so happy not to be in pain and on the toilet with diarrhoea all the time, taking side effects in my stride so far (though I know it's early days for me on steroids really, so don't want to speak too soon!)..
Thank you so much...this forum is helping me cope so much. Just knowing someone out there truly understands.