• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed with Crohn's

Hi, I am new to this forum but am glad its here!
I was first diagnosed with ulcerative colitis three years ago. About a month ago I started experiencing unbearable abdomonal pain and bloody diarhea. I went to my GI doctor and he told me to go to the hosptial. I was in the hospital for a week, put on prednisone and went home. When I got home I got worse and went back into the hosptial. During this time they did a biopsy and diagnosed me with Crohn's. At the moment I am on Cimzia and prednisone which I am titrating off of. I am also seeing acupncutist which really seems to be helping.
I am hoping not to be on Cimzia for the rest of my life but I am not sure if I need a second opinion. I am trying to figure out what foods to eat and what not to. Also I am wondering if alchohol is OK in moderation? Any information is so helpful, this is a really new thing for me and I am trying to navagate through it. Thanks so much

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through these challenges. :( But, we have many places in this forum that might be of help to you. I'm afraid that I do not drink alcohol. But, do know that some can have a little in moderation once in a while. However, there are those who are better off staying completely away from it. I do encourage you to look around on here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you around. :)

Keep away from lager,cider is ok I find,vodka based drinks seem ok.i think the hops in lager,beer light the touch paper for me

Hi newway and welcome to the forum. Make a note about the foods you eat and if they give you a reaction. my daughter can eat almost everything, but I try to avoid, grease, spice, nuts, seeds, popcorn and corn. I hope cimzia works for you.