• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Need Advice.

Hi everyone i have just been diagnosed with ulcerated colitis im 43 and have had problems for about 10 years l have always been told it was ibs ,gallbladder which i have now had removed this last attack as i call them has by far been the worst i find it amazing that it can make me feel so sick ihave read so many different things i should not do i should do i have also become extremely intolerant of lactose has anyone else had this i was always ok with dairy ? any help is greatly appropriated i feel like im in a nightmare does it ever get better thanks in advance any advice greatly received x

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear you struggled for so long to get a diagnosis. Have you started any treatment yet for your UC?

I'm afraid I don't know much about UC or gall bladder removal but I hope someone else will be along with some more advice.

I do hope you're feeling better soon.

Welcome! When I started having symptoms I started having issues with dairy. Small amounts are okay but a bowl of ice cream will end in disaster. I mentioned it to my GI and he said it was pretty common. It will get better. Your life will never be the same but eventually you will get to a point where you are okay with it. My life is way different than I ever imagined but I am okay with it. Not everyday is a good day but that's okay.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the Forum.......It's always overwhelming at first.There are so many different things to fret about.Symptoms can change,and meds.It's all trial and error.
Do you have an IBD nurse at your hospital ? They are invaluable if you are concerned about new symptoms or diet etc.And they're a lot easier to get an appointment with.I am waiting to have my Gall bladder removed,but I'm not sure if it is connected to my Crohns colitis.Polyps were discovered during routine GI tests.

Try not to get too anxious and take each day as it comes.Once you get used to your diagnosis and learn how to manage, things will get easier.Feel better soon.

Thanks guys it so hard to no were to turn i have so many symptoms at the minute i have a very nasty anal fissue again also my joint ect and eyes are also causing me pain the stomach cramps are horrendous and everyday i struggle with food i find i can not really eat or drink until later on n the day normally by about 5 6 and i can manage to eat is this normal for uc i have started a food and symptom diary to see if i can see what is triggering stomach cramps i have been taking steroids which helps while im taking it but its soon back once i stopped taking them i also take cyclazine for the sickness butt his males me so sleepy also diazipan as i find when im feeling really ill i have started having panic attacks i aslo have copd just to add to the madness its all very new to me at the minute so any advice is welcomed greatly ihad gallbaldder removed in 2010 after a year of stone moving and sticking in my bile duct i think it was a symptom of whats going on now so could well be connected