• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone I am new to this Forum. I'm 20, and was just diagnosed with UC. I am of course feeling overwhelmed and upset about this, but am hoping this site can give me insight and support!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis, there is always a small hope that it will be something simpler going on before diagnosis is confirmed. Have you now been started on any meds at all? What symptoms have you been experiencing?

There is a lot of helpful info and support here so do have a good look around, we do also have a UC forum that you might like to have a look at as well: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69.

Sending lots of best wishes.

AB
xx

Thanks for the kind words- they mean a lot :) I was prescribed Asacol (2 pills 3x a day). My symptoms include blood during all bm's, multiple bm's a day, and abdominal pain/cramping from almost all foods. If I drink water/any liquid after eating, the pain and cramping get worse. Even before eating/drinking anything, I find the mornings to always be a struggle. Hopefully these symptoms will ease with medication and diet modifications

Angrybird

I will be keeping fingers crossed that this can calm the tum down for you. Diet wise it may be worth seeing if a bland, low residue diet helps things a bit.

Please keep us updated on how you are getting on.