• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly Diagnosed

Hi Everyone! I am a newly diagnosed Crohns sufferer. I had an unconfirmed diagnosis about 8 or 9 years ago but due to lack of insurance and incompetent doctors I just finally received an official diagnosis. I really don't know what to think at about it all at the time but I read through some of these threads and figured this looks like a good place to be for some support and advice. My Crohns is TI and I have a stricture that was found during colonoscopy. I have suffered from numerous symptoms for several years with the most annoying one being right ab pain under my rib. I really don't know much to say and probably have a million questions that will eventually come to mind as I get more information and as my brain starts to grasp the whole of the situation. I have a CT scan next week and will find out more which I am sure will lead to questions for all of you on here. I just wanted to drop in and say Hi and forewarn you that I will be annoying as a three year old with all my questions :).

On behalf of the forum members i would like to unhappily welcome you because let's face it no one would happily join this forum.
Forum stalker.

Last edited:
I am so glad that i live in Australia and don't have to put up with BS that you guys have to go through in the states regarding medical costs and insurance costs.

I've had Crohn's for 10 years and I still don't have all of the answers! But, I hope I can help down the line when some questions come up.

I wish you all the best!

Alexa