• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

NHS Wait Time

Kyle.h

Kyle
Good evening,

Hope you are well.

Does anyone have any rough idea how long the wait is from consultation with the surgeon to the actual surgery (NHS)?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

scottsma

I think it would depend on how serious things are.They're very good at getting you in quickly when they have to,but I don't know how long the waiting time is otherwise.Your GIs secretary might be able to help if you phone the office.What did your G.I. tell you at your appointment.? I hope you get sorted soon.As well as putting your life on hold the waiting can be stressful.

Kyle.h

Kyle
I think it would depend on how serious things are.They're very good at getting you in quickly when they have to,but I don't know how long the waiting time is otherwise.Your GIs secretary might be able to help if you phone the office.What did your G.I. tell you at your appointment.? I hope you get sorted soon.As well as putting your life on hold the waiting can be stressful.
It's not serious at the moment, I was just wondering if they meet the 18 weeks guideline or if this is unrealistic. I just wanted to get some first hand experiences. Thank you that's really kind, the waiting of everything is frustrating but better days are coming 🤞🏻 thanks again!

Kyle.h

Kyle
Just in case anyone else is looking for information here..

I had my consultation with the surgeon's team and have been advised they do work to the 18 week guideline. However, it's around 12 weeks wait time with his current list. I know hospitals and surgeons will be different but this is my experience.

Thanks [emoji4]