• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nice to know I am not alone.

Hi all
New to this aswell as the crohns. I ve recently after nearly a year and various tests been told I do have crohns. Tests are still ongoing and I am still waiting for treatment ( which I can not wait for) I feel I ve lost all of what I have always known and finding it hard to adjust to my new life. My family are just full of worry and guilt as is my husband and it seems they don't or can't understand anything that's happening to me.

I suppose I don't really know what to say on here or what I really want. So sorry for waffling on and thank you for taking the time to read what I've wrote.

Welcome! Glad you found the forum, and no, you are not alone. I hope your treatment starts soon and will be successful, and that you find a lot of support here. I know this is a scary and confusing time. Just know that there are a lot of different meds, so don't be discouraged if the first thing you try doesn't get you under control. Just keep communicating with your doc and hang in there!

Thank you. I just feel it's all very long winded and all I seem to be is in pain and wasting away to nothing.so I can't wait anything is better than nothing right now.:).

You will find a lot of people here who understand what you're going through, and probably get lots of advice and support! A large community like this one is great for that sort of thing, and will help you work through things while waiting for your diagnosis and treatment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and share your story.

Thank you. I don't usually share such private topics but I do feel I am lost and not getting anywhere and the family just don't seem to get it.

Families often don't get it, especially with a diet-based issue like Crohn's. Please consider us as your extended "family" and share whatever you need to share! We definitely do get it. :D