• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Night Sweats

Hi All

Does anyone experience night sweats whilst sleeping when they are flaring?

I am experiencing this every night at the moment and its mainly on my legs, they become totally drenched in sweat. I am not usually a sweaty perosn at all.

Is this a symtom of a flare for anyone?

Thanks

Hi Luke
yah i get night sweats pretty much all the time when flareing . I have changed the sheets on my bed to cotton which is definetly more comfortable as it has better air flow . I have mentioned it to my doc and he agrees that it s part of IBD and generally a sign of inflammation.
Hope you get some ease with this .

Peter

I used to get them as well - used to sleep with towels underneath me if I thought they were happening (ususally it felt like I was getting a bit of a cold, and it was gone the next day).

I have not even gotten a diagnosis yet, but I get night sweats as well. Not every night though. But when I do, I usually get sweaty also on the tops of my thighs and behind my neck and my upper back. The really weird thing is that while I am sweating I am also freezing at the same time. Dont know what it is. I mean right now I have constant pain in my intestines all the time. The sweats happen only like a few days out the month. Not sure sure if it is hormone related or what. I told my gastro and gyne and neither seemed to concermed..