• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Night sweats

I've just had two doses of Prednisone so far, 40 mg. I wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat. Is this how it's going to be? I haven't been on it for like six years, and I don't remember it being this bad. On the plus side, there was a definite "plunk" sound in the bathroom this morning that I hadn't heard in years, and my bloated belly is gone. :)

I have to say, Prednisone is working better than Remicade. I wonder if it was losing its effectiveness. Too bad Prednisone can't be used long term. The night sweats stopped at 35 mg, my bms are normal, and I have a ton of energy. I just feel good. I'm avoiding salt so my face won't swell up. Only problem is these constant hunger pangs. I can't go to the bathroom at night without raiding the fridge. I think I'm going to buy some Rice Crispies and soy milk for a filling between meal snack. Can't do raw veggies or fruits. Maybe the trick is to switch medicines around when they're not performing well anymore. :banana: