• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No answers

Hi,
My name is Brittney. I have been dealing with severe abdominal Pain since September of 2012 and not sure why.
All my life I have death with Bowel issues, I have had ongoing constipation that turned to diarrheah as a child and teenager although nothing that was uncontrollable.
In late June to early August of 2013... I started with small cramping and aching in my gut, which I wasn't too worried about. Up until Present things have gotten extremely worse, I have developed Very Severe Abdominal pain, mostly lower, especially after I eat, I compare it to swallowing razor blades. I have very severe diarrheah and am at the point where the pain is so bad Advil and Tylenol does not touch it, I was put on Buscapan as I started to Have very severe and paralyzing Rectal Spasms and cramps, I am at the point where I have been to the Emergency room several times and seeing my doctor on a monthly basis, I have had ultrasounds, and tests like crazy and they cannot figure out what's wrong, I have been tested for food allergies and organ failures and still no answers. I have been prescribed Hydro-Morphine to help with the pain, normally Hydro Makes you very constipated, however, I still have bad diarrheah after eating.
Some nights I take a 4mg pill 2-3 times a night every 4-5 hours apart.
I am currently on a waiting list to see someone about a colonoscopy as This is our last resort.
I am desperately hoping to get some answers soon as Work and life have seem to be put on hold. :-(

Welcome and merry Xmas,
Sorry your having such a hard time. I'm my opinion your doc needs to give you more tests, I would be wanting a colonoscopy, X-ray and ct scan. Ask him what your esr blood level is as well. It would be good to know how much inflammation is going on. In the mean time try and figure out what are the triggers. Diet can play a big part so if you can ease the pain yourself, it's worth a try until you get more answers from the doctor.
Good luck

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this :( How awful. Glad to hear you're finally getting a colonoscopy. I know it sucks and I put one off for a long time too, but I think it will be the best way for you to get some answers! I've been undiagnosed for a long time, and I still am, but the most stuff that has ever showed up was when I got a colonoscopy. Good luck!