• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No Insurance with Crohn's

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
I recently lost my job this year including my health insurance. This is the first time in my adult life that I have not had health insurance. I had to move back in with my parents at the age of 30 as I can not work right now. Trying to get better to go back to work. If anyone has any idea or thoughts for me in MD for hospital or GI help please let me know. I recently applied for PAC (Primary Adult Care) but they do not cover hospitals or ER visits. I just moved from WA state and my last hospital stay was over $43,000. This just seems ridiculous that I can't get more help, especially being newly diagnosed. I looked into health insurance and not very many insurance companies would even talk to me because I have Crohn's and Diabetes.

Start your own LLC Limited Liability Company and get group insurance cover. They take into account pre-existing conditions. Good luck.

I also live in MD and my local hospital has a community assistance program that assists in paying my medical bills. It is worth giving the billing dept. a call and see if they have anything like that. Also apply for disability and go to social services and apply for a medical card.

Elkton, which is in cecil county all the way over by the DE line. So we are on opposite ends. Probably about a two - three hour drive. I have friends in Frederick.

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Ok, I'll try calling the local hospital here in town. So talk to the billing department there ad ask if they have a community assistance program? Is it called anything else? What's the medical card? I applied for PAC because I was told that I wouldn't get disability because I will hopefully out for more than a year. Of course I am still new at this just being diagnosed in Oct this year. PAC says it doesn't pay for hospitals but I know I will probably need to go back to one again. I just want to be prepared. I wasn't prepared last time and $43,000 later after my last, I'm still working with the billing dept in that hospital I was in for help.

We are lucky in the UK we are taken care of under our NHS god bless them. They are the best we have. Peggy