• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No response to medications, now having surgery

Hi everyone it’s been a while since I have posted but I have had so many sinus infections and just feeling so lousy . Currently I am on 40mg Humira every week and .5 mexthrotxate each week the dr tested my levels and it was not showing up and I have what seems to be a constant flare , now my gastro has sent me to a surgeon to have that 15cm area removed . I have not responded to any medications and they feel this will be best for me . My blisters on my hands and feet have improved some but when I get stressed it flares up. I am really nervous about this surgery which happens on the 27th. I still have tons of joint pain and fatigue. There is so much that crohns has changed in my life

my little penguin

Staff member
What meds have you tried ?
Each med has a different pathway
Some work better than others depending on the person

anti tnf alpha
Remicade
Humira
Cimiza
Simponi-most UC approved

il12/il23
Stelara -small intestine more than large

entyvio-gut specific-large more than small

Ilaris IL-1 in refractory case stud

ivig (immuno goblin ) in refractory case studies

skyrizi IL-23
Phase III trial US

Hopefully the surgery removes the trouble spot and lowers the disease burden
Good luck

Hi everyone it’s been a while since I have posted but I have had so many sinus infections and just feeling so lousy . Currently I am on 40mg Humira every week and .5 mexthrotxate each week the dr tested my levels and it was not showing up and I have what seems to be a constant flare , now my gastro has sent me to a surgeon to have that 15cm area removed . I have not responded to any medications and they feel this will be best for me . My blisters on my hands and feet have improved some but when I get stressed it flares up. I am really nervous about this surgery which happens on the 27th. I still have tons of joint pain and fatigue. There is so much that crohns has changed in my life
I’ve had two bowel resections for obstructions with Crohn’s; the first in 1972, (removing 18”), which was really unpleasant. Took weeks to recover. I then had many pretty good years, although life is never going to be without problems once you have Crohn’s. I had the second resection in 2015, (removing a further 9”), for a further obstruction at the site of the previous resection. I was astonished by the amount the operation had improved from the first op. Probably three really rotten days, then a very fast recovery. I’m on Azathioprine and Salazopyrin, and have been, broadly, pretty well since the last resection.