• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Noisy Stomach-New Meds

Need some help here.....I just started these new meds this morning. I am now on Prednisone, Pentasa and Cholestyramine. I have the noisiest stomach this afternoon and am soooo tired and dizzy that I actually had to go lay down this afternoon for a couple of hours. Are these normal side affects and will this go away? Just needed to get some opinions from others on these meds and having a noisy stomach like this. It is driving me nuts, it is so loud.

MARGIE !!

Haven't been on for a little while.you are getting treatment then, thats great.

Now down to business, ok the prednisone will probabably screw you up a good bit, it can have just about every possible side effect there is, maybe the latin for side effect is actually "prednisone" !! . . .

The pentasa would be mild enough i think, was with me anyway, unlike the prednisone.

The other drug i don't know.

But look every single one of us is completely different, so once the noise is the only thing, maybe it is settling in to see what needs doing?

I am delighted that you have finally got some action though.

Big hug

Bruscar

Bruscar,
Well he only gave me a couple of weeks worth and pretty much told me that he didn't think they would work anyways. So still have to find another GI doc that takes me seriously and not humiliate me the way that he has been. I am taking the meds to see if anything happens and if they help and then will have to start all over with a new doctor once I find one.

My stomach makes weird gurgling noises but I blame it on diet not meds. I had some of the same meds also.

I have always had the noisiest. I would be sitting in my college class taking a test and people would turn and look at me like I was crazy. Haha..It ws embarassing at first but I started saying wow my stomach must be really hungry and now I just laugh it off.. Even my GI said wow thats loud when she would try and listen to it. I took it as food moving through my gut because I never really had any discomfort from it. Just a bubble feeling, and it wasn't gas.