• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Normal?! Advice please!!!! :(

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
I just don't know what to do anymore.

I feel like crap every single day. My upper abdo feels like someone has just punched me. I'm nauseous and vomiting (just bile). I can't digest fat. This is aside from the whatever-I-have-either-Crohn's-or-colitis every day stuff that I feel.

I just want to scream right now. I had the endo on Monday and emailed my GI today for the results - NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like hello - how are all of these things normal when I'm NOT?!?!??!?!??!???!?!??!

Where would you guys go from here? I'll take anything.

Hiya Ris,

So sorry you are feeling so lousy. Maybe you should advocate for the pill cam procedure. It didn't show anything for me, but is supposed to be very effective. Same type of prep as a colonoscopy but it is a painless deal.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Shan -
I've had 3 (I think?) colonoscopies, endoscopies, cat scans, blood tests... I've gone from microscopic colitis to ulcerative colitis to colitis to unknown.

I don't know if he's checked out my ileum. Does the colonoscopy go that far?

I can't remember exactly how long, but Josh and I think it's been about a month that this has been going on (not digesting fat, pain, nausea, vomiting). I'm taking Creon w/every meal and snack that contains even 1g of fat.

They haven't tested my gallbladder. IDK how they do that. I should look it up and ask. I agree, it does sound like one or the other. And you're no medical idiot :)

Thanks, Jerman.
I'm going to ask about the pill cam. Oh, I just love prep! But I remember my GI saying something about the hospital with which he's affiliated not approving the pill cam or something... I'll have to ask. What's the hospital you've been going to up here? Was it Mass General or Boston Medical?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Oh those mystical magical lumps - a few days before the endo, they friggin went away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know... let me check on how long I've been on the Creon. It definitely may have been longer! I can't keep track of time anymore :(

It seemed to be helping, but IDK what the hell is going on. Yeah, it's weird that I'm not throwing up FOOD - just bile. Then the other day, I had taken my pills, and then like 10 mins later, I threw up and it was bile. None of my pills came up. I'm going to ask my GI about an ultrasound. Good news is, I tested negative for Celiac's. I would've starved to death lol

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Ok, just went back and checked out my earlier posts. You're right - it's been about 2 months, not 1 month.

I've been a vegetarian since late 2004. I've had difficulty finding foods I'd eat, so having Celiac's would've totally screwed me!

I'll definitely tell my GI about the whole bile thing and how long it takes! It may end up being a "House" moment, if you know what I mean lol

I totally understand you looking at it like a computer - it's logical thinking. I want to go through these "steps" until something gets figured out, you know? I hate being in the dark.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
hida scan

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gastroenterology/Cannot-digest-some-fats/show/229054

Hey Ris, maybe check out this post. It's related to gallbladder issues. Also, have you ever gotten lab results that show your pancreatic enzymes being abnormal??? maybe A Hida scan is needed to check out your gallbladder??? Just some suggestions.

I take a drug named Questran. It binds bile in the intestine. A lot of us who have had our gallbladders and ileums removed need it, other wise we have this awful, acidic, oily D.