• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not official, but...

HI, I have been lurking this site for the past couple month and you guys have been great. I am a 33 year old male. I haven't officially been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, but I have my first GI visit on Sept 11. I've been to the ER twice and my personal doctor once. The ER suggested Crohn's disease and my dr suggested intestinal disease. I'm sorta relieved as I suspected something wrong with my pancreas. I have had 2 CT scans so far, showing thickening of the colon wall. The symptoms began in late April 2013. At first my entire back started aching. I thought it was related to a fall I had about a year prior. Then my left side started hurting, and the pain moved to the right side. The pain basically wraps around my entire waist line now, well a little bit above the waist line. My last DR visit, he mentioned something about my spleen. Now it feels as if my throat is swollen and I can kinda feel the 'swolleness' go down my chest to a little above my belly button. Do you guys think this could be related to my possible intestinal disease?
My first ER visit, the Dr. prescribed me fflagyl and cipro. I honestly felt like I was on my way out the door while on these medications. Horrible feeling. Anyways, the pain completely went away after I was done the medications. They started (the pain) occurring again maybe three or four weeks later. I went to the ER again the other day because I started panicking about my throat. DR looked down my throat with a flashlight and told me everything looked fine. Well things are definitely "not fine".
I understand I should have scheduled my appointment to see a GI doctor when I left the ER the first time in late May, but I honestly didn't have a clue what was going on. THE ER dr stated I had a ball of bacterial in my stomach, that's how he described it. I figured I'd take the meds (flagyl and cipro), see my dr and take it from there. I am not insured so I figured I'd take things slowly and see what my DR recommends.
I also have constant itching of my skin after I come home from work. So the symptoms are; itching of the skin, pain that wraps around my waist, back pain, and now the left side of my throat feels swollen all the way down to a inch or 2 above my belly button. Any input would be appreciated.

By the way, all the pain I experience is constant, but at worst when I get home from work. When I first wake up, my body feels ok, but within a hour or two, the pain starts increasing, even if i haven't eaten anything.

One more thing, when I'm laying down, it feels like all my organs are caving in.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear of all the suffering you've been dealing with. I hope your visit with the G.I in September can get you on the road to feeling better. In the meantime, you'll find lots of information and support here. Welcome!

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. Man, it sounds like you've had a rough time. Is it some sort of IBD? I have no idea, but I'm glad you have a visit with the GI scheduled. Hopefully it isn't Crohn's and instead is something easier to treat.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks for replying David. That's funny cause the pain is so bad, I hope it's Crohn's and nothing more serious, lol. I keep having major setbacks because I am having serious issues limiting my diet. This past week's setback I blame on myself for eating like a pig last weekend.

David

Co-Founder
It is SO HARD to eat right. I feel you on that. My progress there has been two steps forward and one step back but over the long haul, that has been a lot of steps forward :)

Hi Gs!

It is hard to eat all the right things. Sometimes when I think I am fine with something like Sat. I get sick. I was sick two whole days from one roastbeef sandwich, it had a tiny amount of hot pepper flakes in the recipe. I had been doing good for about a week. Bam, down for the count ; on the John all day till meds kicked in. But your tummy hurts so bad. I just wanted to scream.
A friend came over with some medical marijuana and I never smoke anymore since I am a Christian. Well, I took one hit and I felt better till 11 last night!
I couldn't believe it. Now I am torn between do I continue using it for when I am sick or stick with manmade chemicals that don't always work???
Anyway, there is alot of great info on the main forum page. Check it out and alot of great people who know way more than I do that can can help you! God bless!
Hope you realize the foods that are bothering you and can avoid them. For me it is sauce, greasy foods, spicy foods and cabbage even though I love it! Beans are a big no~no for me too!:)