• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not so sure.

About four years ago when I was pregnant with my first and only child I started getting chest pains. Doctor said that it was heartburn, don't worry about it. Continued on to where I thought I was having a heart attack one night. Changed diet. Got better. Then the cramping started. Felt like menstrual at first. Then it crept over to my side. The IBS symptoms started. First it was only with certain foods. Then it got worse. I would be sick for days. The acid reflux started back up. I had severe pain both top and bottom. Then the puking started. It got so bad that water made me sick.

Three years later, I had my gallbladder removed after going to the ER and hearing that I had severe pancrititis and my liver was shutting down. After all the swelling went down they took it out. Everything was great. A few months go by, and I'm getting used to eating with out a gallbladder. Well, I never got use to it, because it never changed. Everything that I was going through before I'm still going through. Minus the acid reflux. I still have the IBS symptoms. If anything they're worse. I have trigger foods. I stopped eating my trigger foods and I lost all my baby weight and was looking great. I started to eat more, and more and the weight came right back. I'm now cramping more. I go days with diarrhea after eating a trigger food. It sucks.

My younger sister who is 20 has had CD for about 4 years along with Celiac Disease. My other sister who is only 16 is lactose intolerant and many other issues. I can go weeks with no problems. But out of no where I will eat something and be sick in the bathroom for days. So frustrating. I'm hoping to get in and see a GI soon. I'm tired of the bloating. I'm tired of feeling like rubbish and I'm tired of the pains.

But that's who I am and what's up with me.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Pawprint, welcome to the club. Have you had any tests such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, or CT scan? When you see the GI, let them know about your sisters. IBD such as Crohn's & colitis can run in families, and my understanding is that siblings are the most likely to have IBD if another sibling has it. Let the GI know about ALL your symptoms too, even if they don't seem related to your gut issues. Good luck, I hope you can get some answers and relief soon.

I'm trying to find a GI now. The company that I work for is currently switching insurance companies with open enrollment. They said they would prefer if we wait until everything is switched over before we make appointments unless we know for sure they take both companies.

No tests yet. At one point they thought I had a cyst on my ovary. Ultra sound ruled that out. No scopes yet though. My general doctor has always said that my symptoms are not that serious or severe enough. So..I'm gonna see if I have to have a referral or not. I'm hoping that I don't!