• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not sure if crohn's disease

Hi everyone, I am currently waiting for test results, but would like to describe what is happening to me. about 2 weeks ago I started getting sick, I thought I had the stomach flu but it didnt go away just kept getting sick so I finally went to the doctors, they have taken blood and a stool sample. What is happening to me is about 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 after I eat I get horrible stomach aches and then I have to run to the bathroom and all hell breaks loose then my gut is so sore all I can do is lay down. It happens everytime after I eat sometimes even liquids. After I had my gallbladder removed 14 years ago I would have this problem if I didnt eat 3 meals or 6 small meals if I didnt eat by noon then Id eat something it was like it would go right through me and sometimes the stomach cramps are so bad I would vomit at the same time. What im asking is does this sound familiar to anybody on here? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community.

My guess is what you are experiencing is not Crohn's disease or Ulcerative Colitis but it's possible. Hopefully it is something much easier to treat.

Please keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Hello DLynn and welcome glad you found the forum there is lots of support and advice on here so don't hesitate to ask. Let us know the outcome of your test results.