• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not sure if Crohn's?

I've had pain in my right side on and off for years but ignored it because it usually went away after a while. About 6 months ago it was much more frequent, occurring several times a day for multiple days. Doctor did x-ray and ultrasound. X-ray just showed gas bubbles, nothing on ultrasound. I've been ignoring any pain since, until a few days ago when the pain became more frequent again. Each time the pain is on the right, just below my ribs. I am also having gas, but no diarrhea, blood, etc. I might be having slightly more frequent/softer BM but no major upsets. Doctor does not believe I have gallbladder or liver problems since previous tests were clear. Do my symptoms fit?

David

Co-Founder
If I had to guess, I would guess that it is not Crohn's disease. But theOcean said above, you need to get properly evaluated. Please make sure to continue with your appointments so you can get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan, no matter what the issue is. The time for ignoring and hoping it will go away is passed.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to hear about your issue. My first symptom of CD was right side pain that continually got worse over the span of 2 months before I had a colonoscopy. I had blood work and stool samples that came back normal, however my colonoscopy showed acute inflammation and ulceration in my terminal ilieum. The pathology confirmed IBD. So, it's possible it could be Crohn's with the pain you are describing. Hang in there and good luck!

valleysangel92

Staff member
I agree with David here, I wouldn't think of crohns straight away with these symptoms, but that doesn't mean you don't need to get to the bottom of whatever it is. Keep pressing your doctors for more testing and a proper evaluation and diagnosis of your condition. Good luck.