• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not to sure what's happening to me?

Hey there!

I'm 21 one years old and have a active life! I went gym and was always doing stuff. But for last 6 months I've been having problems with my stomach area! At first it was me just throwing up in mornings then it progressed into all the time being sick and then it started coming from my bum. I went docs and the said had stomach ulcers took the medicine and nothing changed, it done opposite it was still there but got more violent! I passing mucus and blood from my bum also getting clear liquid coming from bum not so much water has a weird colour to it and I'm going toilet 20 times plus a day I'm having trouble eating anything and keeping it in me I always need to go toilet once ate ,then she transferred to me a Stomach doc in the hospital and now I'm waiting to go to endoscopy for them to examine my insides but he has put me on tabs and they are having no effect! Someone please help me understand what's going on! I have no energy breathless and always tired. I don't drink like normal 21 year olds and I don't smoke or do drugs! Someone must be able to shine light on whatever I got! Please!!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What you are experiencing certainly can happen with an IBD like Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis but it is best to get testing done to confirm - when is your endoscopy booked for? Have you had any other tests yet (bloods, MRI etc)? What tablets have you been put on?

AB
xx

Hello thanks for replying!!

Yeah I've had blood test loads different ones I know one is being anemic and something to do with liver I think I can't understand the blood forms and I've had X-rays on stomach and I've had a mini camera up my back passage and then he said I need to go straight to endoscopy and I'm getting that Saturday. And I've been out on these tabs
Fleet phospho soda 24.4
Asacol 500
Mezavant xl 1200mg 2 tabs once a day
But they have done nothing it's still as strong and painful! I'm struggling now been on going for 4 months and its my fault I put it off like a typical bloke 😢
Xx

Angrybird

Did the docs say what they found during this scope? The meds you are on do get used for the treatment of crohn's but only in mild cases so they may not be strong enough to settle things. What are you able to eat at the moment? Are you able to get in contact with your doc to see if something else could be prescribed for you?

Sounds like you need a colonoscopy with biposys. The only way I was dx! And it took almost a year once my GI started looking into my problems.

To me you sound JUST like me. My GI first was not sure which IBD I had and started treating me for UC then later after a 3rd colonoscopy she dx and treated me for Crohns.

I started taking B12 and D 1000i and my energy has picked up. Most people with IBD lack those.

Yeah when he looked he said my bowels was really badly inflamed and red and all this other stuff and he gave me these to try and settle it until he knows what the endoscopy reports back. He wasn't to sure as my case is a mix of different things and saying with my age and lifestyle is odd. I'm not over weight or anything it's all very strange I get really really bad stomach pains and down the side of my torso. I'm worried.. I never get ulcers in my mouth or anything I never have to be honest and or they not to big or there long enough for me to notice. Thanks for your replys. Any tips or anything?
Xx

Angrybird

For now see if going onto a bland, low residue diet helps with symptoms. When do you have an actual appt to see the doc to go over all the test results? Also what is odd about your age and lifestyle according to the doc?

I get them saying that about your age ..I'm 29 well will be 30 in August...however I have had bad stomach pains on and off since I was 8. All iEver heard was my age this and that. I currently take tramadol for my belly pain. It's non narcOtic however it really helps (at least for me). Heating pad helps me too. They can do blood test to help them determin IBD. Also..I had parts of my bowels that was attached to oer parts of my bowels and it NEVER showed up on no test..they found it by doing exploratory surgery.

Hang in there

Hey sorry I haven't been on here for a while.. I had the endoscopy and I don't member any of it...but since then I've had no change still.. Even with the tabs, I got one of my bloods back and I'm anemic, I also got a letter from consultant saying that I need to go in and talk to them.. The letter said they have found suggestive in my bowel and like any normal person I'm thinking the worse :( help please. None of my symptoms have change I'm getting more abdominal pain. Can go a whole day without eat and possibly 2 days only eating one meal.. I'm getting scared now!
Lewis xx

It sounds like they have already prescribed you meds for IBD, although those meds aren't as effective for CD as they are for UC.

So the GI or you reg doc hasn't told you that you have CD? Or did I somehow miss that part?

With all of the inflammation and symptoms you are experiencing it does sound like some form of IBD but the biopsies will be able to tell them that. IBD is common for young people so I am not sure what your doc was referring to when he said strange for lifestyle and age.

Good luck hope you get answers soon. If it is an IBD they will find the right meds to get you on the way to remission and hopefully you will be feeling better soon.