• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not worth telling but

Hi to all from Texas. I have been watching the site for two years and you guessed it that was when I was DX with CD. After reading all the heart wrenching stories I'm almost ashamed to mention mine story.
My story is mild. I had lots of "D" way to often . Night sweats, and mild fever . Nothing I eat bothers me, and I never feel pain except in arse when I'm having a flare . Two years ago we did some extra tests to check for markers that would indicate a probability of things to come, and they came back positive for good things to follow . Asacol seemed to work. Dr said I may not have another episode . Fast forward to June of this year and things were bad enough that "I wanted" another scope to see what the heck was going on. Now I'm on Humira. Feel great right now but I just had my "two shot", and this week I start the every other week dose. My GI has two hundred Crohns customers here in NE Texas. I think this thing is much bigger than everyone thinks and I think it is growing. I am frightened by Humira. Might fix me ,,, might kill me. What a choice. On the up side, I decided to get off all meds for two months, and my BP went down from 150/90 with meds to 135/75 without anything. I have started a gluten free diet and I bought a juicer. I have always been a cyclist and I try to ride four days a week. My goal is to see if diet along with juicing can make a difference . Before now I have always eaten everything, Mexican, Italian ,American, Pizza you name it and because I exercise I don't gain any weight and everyone thinks I'm healthy . Guess I fooled them.
I hate hate hate prednisone , makes my heart do strange things, but I'm off it now.

Kurt

Last edited:
well everyones story is different.. and that's okay.
I know you may have though that nothing you ate bothered you but if you have inflammation; then it probalby did build up and you may not have noticed right away.
Good Luck to you and hope you find a medication that works for you
it is hard because there are choices and the side affects are always there.
Good Luck

valleysangel92

Staff member
There is no story that isn't worth telling, even if your condition isn't causing that many symptoms right now you can still have severe inflammation and things may progress so it's always good to have a support network. I hope you find a good medication soon and get into a good deep remission