• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Noticable veins

My veins have always been close to the surface but only in certain places ie: backs of hands, typical stuff. Lately I have noticed them on my forearms, shins,chest and tonight on the sides of my feet. I am a vampires wet dream. Any ideas?

Hey there. I'm guessing the drugs maybe: we're on a similar regime. I noticed mine seem to be a lot more prominent too. Not all the time though.

That's a relief. I do hope it's med related. And not serious.
Some research I done suggested dehydration which causes the skin to not be as plump so you can see them better. I can't, won't drink anymore! I refuse to spend even more time with my toilet : )

hehe. I was telling my room mate my veins were more noticeable and she thought i was going crazy but I swear they are as well.

Check Your Blood Pressure

Hi,

Started Humira 8/11, friends noticed that my face looked red - checked BP 12/11 - 180/90,
normally 100/60 - I'd check your BP regulary

Crohn's 11/89.
Numerios drugs in the 90's, only predinsone worked
Resection 2004-2005

Humeria 8/11

Have you lost weight recently? I know when I get sick from crohn's and lose weight, my veins are more visible, to me anyways. Also I can see them more when I get pale (from low iron, another lovely side-effect). I wouldn't really worry though, just check with your GI or GP if you're really concerned :)