• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nutritional yeast?

I know yeast can aggrevate some, but what about nutritional yeast? There are some great vegan (non-dairy) recipes out there that use nutritional yeast and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it. It's a deactivated yeast so does that mean it won't be gassy like normal yeast? Also it has some good vitamins ie B which could be good.

Here's some info about it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast

I was cooking with Bragg Nutritional Yeast a few months ago, it was the beginning of my symptoms manifesting- although just before my digestive issues really kicked off (I'm still undiagnosed but I think I have Crohn's).

I can't say if it does any damage internally but I didn't feel sick after eating it and I enjoyed it a lot. Although, a food that agrees with me might not necessarily agree with others as far as Crohn's goes.

The high levels of B Vitamins in it definitely make it an interesting seasoning. It would be nice to see what others have to say about nutritional yeast and Crohn's so I'm hoping that more people will post here.

I eat nutritional yeasty often. It's loaded with b-vitamins and tastes great. Try it and see if it works. People who often have problems with yeast have problems with the active types that are used for fermentation. Nutritional yeast is inactive.

I eat nutritional yeast because of my lactose intolerance, and it doesn't bug me. But everyone's Crohn's is different, though.

I've got no experience with nutritional yeast in humans but I know it definitely helped my sensitive gutted horse and helped put masses of weight back on him! I didn't even think of trying it on myself!

Hello Guys,

Syntol AMD is an Enzyme product its the best supplements that reduce yeast in the system. Improved beneficial bacteria in the intestines helps people to fight diseases caused by bacteria.