• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Obstruction

Hi fellow crohnies it's been a while but felt the need to Check in with you.

It's now 3.08am UK time & i am sat up in bed with pain from my 2nd small bowel obstruction in 9 weeks. I am currently trying to delay going to hospital but I fear unless the 2 tramadoI i have taken stay down I will need to go soon. The last time this happened I managed to avoid surgery but had a naso gastric tube & drip for a few days.
I'm so fed up this is happening again so soon.

Although I have ulcers in my small bowel they said the last one was caused by adhesions. They got this info in a & e although the last gastro doc I saw said they can only see the obstruction by xray not the cause.

I am one fed up Helen right now.

The only crohns meds i am taking currently is pentasa.

Hi. I am feeling a little better now than. I ended up in hospital.just waiting for surgeon to come & see me. My white cell count is high so they are thinking antibiotics & steroids & let it settle on its own.

Thanks guys. Here's a quick update. In hospital overnight & had lots of drainage from naso gastric tube which seems to have slowed down now so I'm over the worst I hope. Had 3 canulars blow the veins on me In 30 hrs or so. As well as them trying get blood. I'm black & blue but feeling more positive.