• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Off Pred and still have moon face/acne

Hey All—I’m hoping to get some feedback here on how long it took for moon face and acne symptoms to go away after stopping the prednisone?
I was started on 30mgs for a month and a half and then started to taper off by 5mgs every week. All-in-all, I was on prednisone for a total of 3 months maximum. I then started on Humira and haven’t had one symptom of crohns ever since!
My worry however, is that it’s been about two months since being completely off the prednisone, and I still have my round face and the acne seems to be only getting worse. Is this normal? Is there a possibility that the effects are permanent? Or am I a little too impatient?
Any insight is welcomed!

Our oldest had a round face for nearly a year, as I remember, but it eventually went back to totally normal and no pimples. :)

A year is so long! But i'm relieved to hear that it wasn't permanent. Thank-you so much for your response, i've been bothered by this for a while now. I'm not sure if i'm better off drinking lots of water, or trying to keep my water intake at a minimum

Mine lasted quite a while. It went down within 2 months but not completely until about 6 months later. Same deal with acne, though it felt longer, not sure if it actually was or not.

I can't tell if mine has gone down at all.... some days I feel like it might have and then other days I feel like it hasn't moved.

Take a picture of your face every week and you'll see it going down. It's hard to tell when you see your face everyday. :)