• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Off the pred and trying different remedies.

Hey members, thanks for your time.

I have recently stopped taking pred and i am currently going though relativley powerfull withdrawls. Fatigue, anxiety, dizziness, weakness and so on. i feel that this is probably pretty normal and i have been trying to treat my crohns with different natural remedies. I am taking aloe vera concentrate, tart cherry concentrate, probiotics, vitamin b complex, green vibrance {a powder with probiotics and freeze dried veggies}, omega 3 fish oil, mastic gum and the one pharmaceutical Pentasa. Its only been a week or so, so im waiting to see the affects. does anyone have any success stories that i can cling to. I am starting to get worried that i wont find remission! thanks for your time and correspondence!:sign0085::sign0085:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Damian and welcome to the community.

What dose of prednisone were you on when you stopped and how long had you been on it?

All my best to you.

Hey David. I stopped abruptly at about 10 milligrams and have been on it it since may when I had my appendix removed which had caused a massive flare.

It will be a full two weeks that I'm off it this weekend. Trying desperately to use natural remedies to reduce my inflammation. Still have some diarrhea and blood but I also have had some normal bowel movements as well.

David

Co-Founder
Stopping cold turkey at 10mg no doubt caused your body quite a shock. That you've been off it two weeks though makes me feel better.

As you appear to be more interested in a holistic approach, I suggest you research Low Dose Naltrexone, Medical Marijuana, Juicing, and enteral nutrition. There are forums dedicated to each here.

All my best to you.

Thanks my man! I have a juicer that I will gear up this weekend and start researching the other recs. thanks for your time. I wish u all the best. I just completed My Story and will be active with the forum! Thanks again!