• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

OFG and Penile Swelling

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with orofacial granulomatosis around 5 years ago, after I kept getting mouth ulcers and had swollen lips. I have been keeping that at bay for the most part by following a cinnamon and benzoate free diet. I don't stick to it all that religiously because I can get away with breaking it every so often without it having any noticeable effect.

For the last year or so I have been suffering with penile swelling, it seems like I have clogged up lymphatic ducts, and I have visited a couple of general practitioners who didn't have much of a clue. It is only recently upon researching it online that I have realised that it is very probably linked to Crohns Disease.

If anybody has anybody has any idea how I can reduce the swelling I would be most grateful.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I dont have experience with orofacial granulomatosis but I wanted to welcome you. Have you had any tests done for Crohn's disease? You may want to post your question in the Extra intestinal manifestations forum and maybe somebody will be able to answer.

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome, and advice. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy when I was first diagnosed, and everything was all right, but I am keeping an eye out for any symptoms that would suggest other wise. Thanks again.