• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oh The Places You Will Go!

Ok...I just had to share this. I can't believe they actually have these, but I thought if you're a traveling Crohnie, you might want to invest in this little contraption.

Attachments

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yep! That gives 'portable toilet' a whole new meaning! lol.....I have also seen camping ones that use a bucket........I took my daughters' potty chair along when we went on a 3 hour road trip...not for me - but who wants to try to find a bathroom for a 5 year old in the middle of nowhere! lol

Pasobuff - I've seen the camping ones too...we bought one of those while waiting for the septic tank to be completed at our place on the river. But I was looking for some things to outfit my cabin and wandered up on this...I couldn't believe it! When I told my dad about it, he said they have some with a bar that comes up the back and circles around that you can hang a shower curtain from! Really?!? If I'm so remote that I have to use a tailgate toilet, I doubt there will be anyone around to see. :)

Astra

Tammy!
can't get my head round this! Do you poo thro it onto the ground, or stick a bucket under it!
either way, bloody funny!

Joan...I supposed you could put a bucket under it...I think I would probably just dig a hole or something.

Rebecca...driving off while you're still on the seat sounds like something my family would do! I can't imagine seeing someone riding down the road with their bums hanging out of the toilet seat and their pants around their ankles...would be too funny!

Top gear also featured a cardboard toilet. It's flat pack so it's portable. Then when you need to go it unfolds into essentially a cardboard box with a hole cut out the top. Presumably you put a bag or bucket inside.

There are a few flaws though...

Sorry but I am typing this on my ipod and I can't post links. But go onto you tube and search for top gear cardboard cr*pper.

Astra

Rebecca this is class!
wish I'd have had one of those at the V festival instead of pooin in a tesco bag and lobbin it in the skip!
I can see them catching on!

Are you serious? That is possibly the best invention I have ever seen! Y'know, I had always been afraid of traveling because of my IBS, but maybe I can get myself one of those doo-hickeys. Do they even sell em'? Gosh, I'd love to make my own if possible. :D