• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Old CD but new here

K

kate59

Hi all,

I just found your site thanks to one of your members posting to the Australian site that I normally frequent. Yep another Aussie has wandered here.

I have had CD for many years and am a Nanna - hence the old bit.

Hope i can come and play here with you as well as my other home.:)

Need to read a few more posts.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum from your friend on the other side of the world (Canada) :). Enjoy your stay here and I am sure you will meet a lot of new friends.

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

WELCOME KATE ... I am KAREN aka GRANDMA BEAR { not yet a GRANDMA for real but ... I do have all these wonderful YOUNG ONES to look after so that is why I picked the name } so I am sure that you will have a good time here so, just jump right in and have fun !!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi katie

:welcome: to the forum hope to see you about posting

K

Kate

hey kate welcome to the site, i see we share more then cd lol

all the best
kate

K

kate59

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks all for the welcome,

Now a bit more about me.

I am 46 have had CD for 25 years, have a wonderful daughter who is 27, a great son in law, and a really cute grandson who just turned 1. Also a loving supportive partner.

I was a nurse for many years till the CD got too bad to keep pushing myself to work. I had a wonderful career and even got to university at 30 - so the CD didn't stop me much till the last few years.

My CD tends to cause bowel strictures and have had 6 bowel resections and have been fighting off the 7th stricture for 2 years with Entocort & 6mp.

I am here for support but also to offer help and support to others with this disease.

Thanks again

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Kate great pleasure to meet you. We have a lot in common you and I..I'm an old Crohnie also...lol. So happy you joined and looking forward to knowing you better. I have to say it again, and I hope Mike doesn't get sick of me saying it...Thank you Mike from my heart for starting this site, look at all the wonderful people, and new friends we have all made here. I'm a big mush pot, and it warms my heart to meet others just like myself. Stay well Kate, and drop me a line whenever you would like.

Hugs*