• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Old Diagnosis-New Symptoms

Hi All,

I'm new to the Forum. I was diagnosed with Crohn's 8 years ago.. After a three year battle to get to remission my disease was pretty calm. I was at a healthy weight and was able to eat just about anything. Stomach pains and D on occassion, but that's about it. About a year ago we were preparing to move to our new duty station and I started getting mouth ulcers. I didn't know what it was until I researched the sympton online. BTW I google way more than I should ;-).. After arriving at our new duty station I starting the process of a new GI doc. This particular military Dr was quite inexperienced with Crohn's and it made me feel uncomfortable. I started having back pain, joint pain and terrible fatigue. Labs were normal just a tad vitamin D Def.. I started having sharp pains in my stomach whenever I tried to eat anything and I eventually became constipated. I was only passing mucus and small pebble-like stool. I requested a change in GI and he started with all the normal labs and a colonoscopy. The results showed severe ileocecal valve inflammation, but all the biopsies were benign. Since the colonoscopy I have had the weirdest of headaches. Daily! No really sharp pain, but aches constantly. OTC meds not really working. I'm still waiting for my follow up appt which was scheduled a whole 2 months after the scope! Never has headaches with Crohn's before and I'm getting extremely impatient.. Thanks for your ear!! Lol..

Just hang in there. I was in remission, and med free for almost 20 years, and am having a mild flare up now. Back on meds but my symptoms are crazy...like yours. I have back pain, joint pain, and some days feel like someone hit me with a shovel, but you just gotta keep moving along. Stay positive and try and laugh as much as you can!

Welcome to the forum! I too Google way too much! Did they not start you on any medication? Is your follow-up appt 2 months from now? That is a long time, I think I would call and tell them I am having a lot of pain. If that didn't work I would go to urgent care if the pain was severe.

Hope you feel better soon, keep us updated.

Thanks guys! I have seen my GP for the headaches and was prescribed Maxalt for what he felt were tension headaches progressing to migraines. This was only after a neuro exam where he checked my reflexes, my eyes and speech, etc.. The Maxalt is only 5mg and does not work for the headaches. I have scheduled an appt with a different GP today. My scope was in June and the follow up is scheduled for the end of Aug. I have called the office and they can only offer to put me on a waiting list in case there are any cancellations. No medications have been started just yet.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're having to wait two months! I'd suggest looking at the enteral nutrition forum and diet forum so you can at least take a little control while you wait.

I wish you well!